1) Before leaving the counter, the member should ensure that the book lent to her is in sound condition, if not, she should immediately bring it to the notice of the Librarian. Otherwise she would be liable for any loss/damage and required to replace it with a sound/fresh copy.
2) Periodicals, directories, encyclopedias, which might be difficult to replace and other books that are declared reference books by the Librarian would not be lent out.
3) Members are not allowed to sub-lend the books of the library.
4) Students who return books later than the due date will be liable to pay a fine as decided by the College authorities from time to time.
5) At present the fine for general section books is -1 per day for first fifteen days of delay. Thereafter, it will be -5 per day for one month, after which the fine will be -10 per day. Fine for Reserved Section books is -2 per day for first week and thereafter it is -10 per day.
6) Any infringement of the rules will deprive the member of the privilege of admission to and of borrowing books from the Library.
7) Each student of M.A. course is entitled to borrow six books at a time.
8) The Library membership will be valid till the student leaves the college.
9) Timings for Issue and Return of Books:
(I) Books from General Section are issued and returned from 9.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m.
(II) Timings for issue of books from Reserved Section are from 12.30 p.m. to 4.00 p.m.
(III) Books from Reference Section are only issued for consultation in the Library against Reference Card from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m